Skip to Content
Home  »  Contact Al  »  Appropriations Funding

Appropriations Funding

On Tuesday, February 1st, 2011, Senate Appropriations Committee Chairman Daniel Inoyue (D-Hawaii.) announced that his committee would not be accepting requests for earmarks. As a result, Senator Franken will not be able to request funds on behalf of his constituents in FY2012, as he had planned to do.

Senator Franken will continue to advocate for funding that will improve the lives of Minnesotans. Though he will not be requesting funding for individual entities through the Appropriations Committee, he will still advocate for programmatic funding levels that would be beneficial for Minnesotans, and he will continue to assist Minnesotans who apply for grants and other federal funds through the Executive Branch.

While the Appropriations Committee has decided it will not accept requests for earmarks, other committees may choose to include individual projects in authorizing bills. Should other committees seek input from Senators for their state's priorities, Senator Franken will advocate on behalf of Minnesota's projects.

If you have any questions about the appropriations process moving forward, please contact Senator Franken's staff at (202) 224-5641.


My office is now collecting appropriations requests for fiscal year 2012. To make a request, you must complete this form.

Prior requests:

Duluth Office
515 W 1st St
Suite 104
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 722-2390

Moorhead Office
819 Center Avenue
Suite 2A
Moorhead, MN 56560
(218) 284-8721

Rochester Office
1202-1/2 7th Street NW
Suite 213
Rochester, MN 55901
(507) 288-2003

Saint Paul Office
60 East Plato Blvd
Suite 220
Saint Paul, MN 55107
(651) 221-1016

West Central Mobile Office
Al Juhnke
Field Representative
(651) 788-5100

Official Web Site of Sen. Al Franken
Text Only   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact