Skip to Content
Home  »  FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

Below you’ll find answers to the questions our office gets most frequently.


  1. Where can I find information about a bill?

    You can find information about Al’s position on certain legislation on the Issues page of our website. To find information about a specific bill you can look on www.thomas.gov.

    Back to Top

  2. Who can I talk to about constituent services?

    Our St. Paul office handles all of our constituent services. They can be reached at (651) 221-1016. You can read more and find help in determining if you have a case on our constituent services page.

    Back to Top

  3. What does the Minnesota staff do versus the Washington, D.C. staff?

    Our Minnesota staff members work with constituents to navigate Federal agencies and services and act as Al’s local representatives in communities across the state when Al is in Washington.  In Washington D.C., our staff members support and advise Al on legislative and federal policy issues, field media requests, and host Minnesota constituents and groups who come to meet with Al.

    Back to Top

  4. How can I give Al my opinion on a bill or policy issue?

    Constituents can give Al their opinion in three ways: call his office, send him a letter or email him using the contact form on his website. Each day, staff members who answer constituent phone calls record constituents’ opinions in the form of tallies, which are shared with Al and his staff members who handle the specific issue. If you submit your opinion by mail or email, Al will be able to respond to you with his position on the issue you are inquiring about.  Our office also tallies the emails and letters we receive and shares those tallies with Al and his staff members who handle the specific issue.

    Back to Top

  5. What tours are available when I visit Washington, D.C.?

    Our office arranges group tours throughout the Capitol, Monday-Saturday, 9:00 am to 3:30 pm EST.  We also provide privately led tours by our staff on Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m. EST. Please call our front desk at (202) 224-5641 or fill out our web form to arrange this tour. 

    White House Tours are available Tuesday-Sunday and are scheduled through our office. They usually require 4-6 months to arrange.  The White House does a background check on all visitors and requires everyone to submit their name, date of birth, social security number, and country of citizenship to our office either by phone or web form. These tours fill up quickly so the earlier that this information is given, the better.

    Other popular tours include the State Department, Treasury Department, Bureau of Printing and Engraving, the Pentagon, the National Archives, and the Supreme Court.  While you can set these tours up yourself, feel free to contact our office and we will be happy to assist you.

    Back to Top

  6. What are your office hours?

    In D.C.:

    When Congress is in session we can be reached Monday through Friday from 9:00 am EST to 6:00 pm EST. When Congress is not in session our hours are from 9:00 am EST to 5:00 pm EST.

    We can be reached at (202) 224-5641.

    In Minnesota:

    We can be reached Monday through Friday from 9:00 am CST to 5:00 pm CST.

    You can find the contact information for all of our Minnesota offices on Our Offices page. 

    Our TTY number is (651) 221-1082.

    Back to Top

  7. Can I bring my kids to the Minnesota Breakfast with Al?

    Kids are some of Al’s favorite guests and are welcome to join him for breakfast every week.

    Back to Top

  8. With which kinds of problems is your office able to help me?

    We can assist you on a wide range of issues and can work with you to answer any questions you may have about federal programs. If you have any problems with, or questions about federal benefits programs, or basic referral information please call our office at (651) 221-1016 or you can read more on our constituent services page.  Unfortunately, some issues are beyond the jurisdiction of a United States Senator. For example, we are not able to intervene in federal or state court matters, nor can we intervene in matters that fall under the authority of the state or local government.  For questions or comments regarding legislation, please contact our Washington D.C. office.

    Back to Top

  9. What is the fax number for the office?

    You can fax something to Al here in Washington at (202) 224-0044. However, submitting an opinion by email or calling our offices directly will ensure a more timely response.

    Back to Top

  10. Where can I find the schedule for the Senate?

    You can find the Senate schedule, as well as other day-to-day and historical facts, on the Senate homepage.

    Back to Top

Duluth Office
515 W 1st St
Suite 104
Duluth, MN 55802
(218) 722-2390

NW Mobile Office
Valerie Gravseth
NW Field Representative
(218) 230-9487

Rochester Office
1202-1/2 7th Street NW
Suite 213
Rochester, MN 55901
(507) 288-2003

Saint Cloud Office
916 W St. Germain St.
Suite 110
Saint Cloud, MN 56301
(320) 251-2721

Saint Paul Office
60 East Plato Blvd
Suite 220
Saint Paul, MN 55107
(651) 221-1016

Official Web Site of Sen. Al Franken
Text Only   |   Privacy Policy   |   Contact