There is so much that makes Minnesota special, from our farms to our factories, our exceptional wilderness, the diverse cultures we represent and our shared Minnesota values. I am honored to come to the Senate every day and work on behalf of my fellow Minnesotans and in this section you can learn more about some of the ways my staff and I are proud to serve you.
To read more about Sen. Franken's work on behalf of his constituents, please click here.
Minnesota People, Places, and Things
MSgt Hunt had extended his enlistment in order to transfer his Post 9/11 GI Bill (education) benefits to his daughter, but due to the injury he was forced to retire sooner than expected. MSgt Hunt submitted a request to the Air Force to push back the retirement date one month. After no response from the Air Force, and only days before his retirement date would become permanent, MSgt Hunt and his family contacted Sen. Al Franken.
Sometimes working with multiple federal agencies can be difficult. For Mark Stouffer, a Canadian immigrant who lives in Minnesota, getting United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to match records with the Selective Service was more than he could handle on his own.
Sen. Franken is proud to have been able to help 10,000 Minnesotans since taking office.
- Constituent Services Get Help with a Federal Agency
- Our Offices Find Our Offices and Meet Our Staff
- Breakfast with Al Join Al for Mahnomin Porridge on Wednesday Mornings
- About Minnesota Learn More About the Land of 10,000 Lakes
- Federal Resources Lists of Federal Resources
- Visiting Washington Request a Tour While in Washington